The Families and Children Dashboard indicators provide information about families and children in NEI neighbourhoods. The map allows to compare the percentage of low income lone parent families or the population size of children aged 0 to 14 years across NEI neighbourhoods.
1) Select a Neighbourhood from the interactive list of neighbourhoods located on the left pane. The map will zoom to this neighbourhood and the dashboard indicators around the map will update with the statistics for the selected neighbourhood.
2) Bring different indicators to view by clicking on the tabs under the indicator and map windows.
The map displays the spatial distribution of:
1) Percentage of lone-parent families in low-income. Darker colours signify higher proportions of low-income families.
2) At a closer scale (when zoomed in), the map also shows the Number of children aged 0 to 14 symbolized proportionally with the circle’s size
3) The NEI areas of strong equity concern are outlined in red and numbered with the neighbourhood rank, where 1 is the rank of the most inequitable neighbourhood.
Note: This selection will not change the statistics of the dashboard indicators and graphs.